image34

New Vine Baptist Church

Additional Information

 The New Vine Baptist Church was organized in July 1870.  It all began when a few families living at Westover Plantation were holding prayer services from house to house.  Then Mr. Major Drewery, who was the plantation owner, offered the families living there a piece of land on which to build a church. Several families, including some from Elam Baptist Church (Ruthville) and First Baptist Church (Bermuda Hundred), accepted Mr. Drewey's offer.  They picked a spot about 600 feet from the Herring Creek, built a church and gave it the name New De Vine Baptist Church.  As the years passed, the name New De Vine was dropped and the church was given the name New Vine Baptist Church.

This is a place where loving, learning, worshiping and witnessing all come together to bring glory to God.  It has been said by many that the warmth of the people and the presence of the Spirit bring about the reality of "WELCOME".  

Learn More

 We are ambassadors for Christ.  We have been serving the Charles City community and beyond for over 147 years.  Our doors are always open to receive the saved as well as the disenfranchised. 

Find out more

Pastor

 Rev. Dr. Burrell A. Smith, Jr. 

Church Staff

 Sister Frances B. Jefferson - Clerk
Sister Kimberly Brown - Secretary

Deaconess

Deaconess Christine Allen

Deaconess Ruth Crump

Deaconess Shandra Ghee

Associate Ministers

 First Lady Rev. Sabrina W. Smith
 Rev. Barbara A. Brown
Minister Jefferson Brown
Rev. Roger Cox 
Minister Calvin Taylor
Minister Victoria Washington
Minister Trevis Smith 

Deacons

 

Deacon Joseph Crump

Deacon Benjamin Ghee

Deacon Freddie Ghee

Deacon Carlton  Jones

Deacon Michelle Smith

Deacon Louis Paige

Deacon Donna Petteway

Trustees

 

Trustee Thomas Adkins

Trustee Byron Cox

Trustee Judy Crump

Trustee James Ghee Jr.

Trustee Mike Hill

Trustee Andrew Jefferson

Trustee William Lewis

Trustee Kermit White